Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And 3 More Twitter Hashtags

by Jemi Fraser

Wow! You folks are amazing. I've learned a lot about hashtags over the past couple of posts! If you'd like to see the first 2 posts in this hashtag series, check them out here and here.

1. #writetip, #editingtips, #pubtip & #querytip

I hadn't thought of leaving TweetDeck columns open for these hashtags, but several of you have mentioned them and they're great! I think their names are self-explanatory - give them a try & see what you find!

2. #nano, #nanowrimo, #wordsprints & @NaNowordsprints

It's November, so these are appropriate right now. If you don't know about National Novel Writing Month, check it out. It's a great place to meet other writers crazy enough to write a first draft of 50k in 30 days. I've participated in NaNo several times now and it's always a lot of fun - and very productive. Most days, you can find people willing to do word sprints with you to boost that word count. These sprints can be for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. Sometimes they'll even throw in a dare to include in your sprint. Last year's "add a wild animal" dare added a great scene to my novel!

3. #mywana

I learned about this from the lovely Darke Conteur. WANA stands for We Are Not Alone. It's similar to the #amwriting hashtag in that it's a conversation place for writers - a great place to find other writers and the support we all need from each other.

I THINK this will be my last hashtag post for a while, but if you've got any further suggestions, let me know! And if you're a fellow NaNo nut, add me as a buddy - we need all the support we can get! I'm jemifraser over there too :)

Jemi Fraser is an aspiring author of romantic mysteries. She blogs and tweets while searching for those HEAs.

GET YOUR QUESTIONS READY!

In an upcoming post From The Write Angle contributors will answer your questions. What's it like to "get the call" either from an agent or a publisher? How do I get my MS in to Hollywood? How do historical writers do all of that research?

What are your questions for our contributors? Keep an eye out for our upcoming call for questions.

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm going to look for that first set!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm saving to check out if I get on Twitter.

Jemi Fraser said...

Alex - I hadn't thought of using them either - they're great :)

Natalie - twitter is a fun place, but I think we all have to pick & choose our social media carefully :)

Anonymous said...

If I'm drafting, I'd like to try the word sprints.

I see mywana all the time. Now I know what it means.

SC Author said...

I love the hash tags that pop up around contests. Everyone's all united and stuff; the Writer's Voice one was like that.

Jemi Fraser said...

Medeia - I just finished a word sprint for nano and added over 1k to the story - and I love the scene!! :)

SC - the hashtags can be so much fun! The writer's voice one was awesome. I read a bunch of the pitches and they sounded awesome!

Romance Reader said...

Sounds like fun hash tags to follow to get your writing done as well as have fun!

Nas

Jemi Fraser said...

Nas - exactly! Fun & helpful too :)

Jean Oram said...

I LOVE the tips hashtags. I only recently discovered a couple of them and they're fab!

Thanks, Jemi.

Jemi Fraser said...

Jean - you're very welcome! They are a lot of fun! :)