Friday, February 10, 2012

Welcome to the Team: Jean Oram

It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since we started From the Write Angle. Back when we first started brainstorming, there was one person we all knew we'd love to have on the team, but time constraints wouldn't allow her to participate.

Times change, and we're thrilled to welcome Jean Oram to the FTWA team!

Jean is the Super Moderator over at AgentQuery Connect (seriously, her title is Super Mod). She's the only green person in the chatroom, but has been at AQ since 2007, making her the most experienced "greenie" ever. She'll never admit it, but she really is "super"—super-friendly, super-helpful, and super-skilled.

When it comes to writing, Jean believes it should be fun. If it isn't, stop doing it or find a way to make it fun. She loves writing because it's different every time you sit down and there are so many things to learn. There is always a way to improve your work.

We're all looking forward to Jean's first post a week from today, launching a monthly Five for Friday series.

To learn more about Jean (and the rest of us here at FTWA), check out the About the Team page.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

*does a happy dance and throws cookies around*

Welcome to FTWA, Jean!

Jean Oram said...

Thank you for allowing me to join you on From The Write Angle. I am "super" thrilled to be joining many of my favourite writer friends here as well as getting to know the wonderful FTWA readers.

Thank you for the very warm welcome as well. I can't wait until next Friday's post which will be five tips on creating memorable characters.

Cheers!

Jean Oram said...

Thanks, Darke. Would those happen to be Oreos in the air? YUM! I can always use an Oreo!

J. Lea Lopez said...

Welcome aboard, Jean! We're so happy to have you, and I know the readers will love you as much as we do.

Yvonne Osborne said...

What a smart addition to your already smart team! I'll look forward to hearing more from you, Jean.

Jemi Fraser said...

Woohoo!!! So glad you're on board, Jean! :)

Leslie S. Rose said...

Lookin' forward to your posts. It's really been a year already for FTWA. Wow.

Richard Pieters said...

"She'll never admit it, but she really is "super"—super-friendly, super-helpful, and super-skilled."

So true, and a great addition to a great team.

So looking forward to your posts, Jean.

Jean Oram said...

I'm happy to be here, Jen! And I hope the readers enjoy my take on the world of writing.

Yvonne, thank you. They are a wonderfully talented team with a great variety of assets and experiences to draw from.

Thanks, Jemi. I'm pumped to be here!

Leslie, thanks. I'm looking forward to posting. A year goes by so fast, doesn't it?

Thanks Rick. I've got some pretty big compliments to live up to! ;) It'll be a lot of fun trying!

Cali MacKay said...

Welcome to the team, Jean!! Couldn't think of a better addition to our group!!

RSMellette said...

Ditto. Glad you have found the time to share with us. We'll all benefit.

Jean Oram said...

Thanks, Cali and RS. I was mighty disappointed when I couldn't swing joining back in 2011, but now I can! Yay! I hope I can add a little something to this great group and informative blog.

Ruth said...

Great addition! Looking forward to your posts! Hey does this count as your new thing? lol